Contemporary Science Film Festival 360° takes place in Moscow in the middle of October and in other cities in different periods of the year.
Pay attention of the public to real and potential science problems and underline the importance of this sphere of human activity and involve the audience into the dialogue about scientific problems of the present time.
- Collect and show the most relevant films about science produced in the world during the last several years.
- Open a new format of scientific discussion available not only to the scientists.
- Initiate and develop a dialog between art and science, find new ways of the expression of scientific ideas.
Contemporary Science Film Festival 360° presents first of all creative documentary films dedicated to science and scientific activity in a very wide sense. We are looking for films that not only address to the science, but also explore life inside and around scientific processes and tell real human stories. We welcome different points of view and a variety of creative cinematography.
Contemporary Science Film Festival 360 has two competition programs — International Competition Program and National Competition Program. Besides every year the Festival presents a number of out competition thematical programs. The log-lines are defined by the team and selecting committee.
- International Competition Program
For the International Competition Program we are looking for feature-length documentaries that address contemporary science problems, tell about science hypotheses and discoveries, about real and potential subjects of scientific research. We give preference to the films that reveal the social side of scientific activity and emphasize the influence of the science on the people’s life.
The films should be completed not later than 1 year before the festival, running time not less than 60 min.
- National Competition Program
For the National Competition Program we are looking for the films produced by Russian Studios and Independent producers that address contemporary science problems, tell about science hypotheses and discoveries, about real and potential subjects of scientific research.
The films should be completed not later than 2 years before the festival, no restrictions on running time.
Following the results of the Festival the films that participate in the International Competition Program receive the following awards:
- Grand Prix
- Special Jury Award (Optional)
- Special Jury Mention (Optional)
- Students' Jury Award
- Audience Award
Following the results of the Festival the films that participate in the National Competition Program receive the following awards:
- Grand Prix «Best Russian Film»
The Festival accepts submissions for the International and National Competition Programs.
Any company or independent filmmaker can submit a film. If the film is selected, organizing committee can ask to provide the documents that confirm that the company has corresponding rights for the film.
To submit the film the applicant should fill the entry form online and send a screening link, or send the following materials to the Festival address:
- completed entry form in English or Russian languages
- 2 copies of the film on DVD (PAL) with English or Russian subtitles
Polytechnic Museum 129223, Moscow, Prospect Mira, 119 (VDNH, building #46), Contemporary Science Film Festival 360°.
Deadline for submissions – July, the 15th 2014.
The Festival informs the company or the producer if the film is selected not later than 30 of July 2014.
Notification receives only those whose films have been selected.
SCREENING AND PROMO MATERIALS
The Festival accepts films on DCP, 35mm, Blue-ray (preferable) and DVD.
The materials should be delivered to Polytechnic Museum, 129223, Moscow, Prospect Mira, 119 (VDNH, building #46) Contemporary Science Film Festival 360°.
Deadline for materials delivery is August, the 15th.
Also the following promo-materials should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- 4 colorful photos (2 horizontal, 2 vertical)
- Poster draft in PDF, EPS, Ai, Indd
- Flier draft in PDF, EPS, Ai, Indd
- Director’s filmography & bio
- Trailer of the film (no more than 3 min)
- Dialogue lists (English language is preferable)
After the film is selected the Festival has right to:
- use the trailer to promote the film and the Festival
- use the presskit to promote the film and the Festival
- save a copy of the film in the Festival archive
The Festival can invite the director or producer of the film selected to the Competition and non-competition programs. In this case the Festival covers the expenses for the flight, transfer from and to the airport and hotel (maximum of 4 nights).