The idea of creating a science film festival emerged in the conditions of a globally observed process of rethinking the science’s space and role in the society. Some of the features of the process are::
- Science begins a dialogue with the society while attracting a wider audience to join the learning process.
- National boundaries of scientific learning are being erased. International competition makes room for cooperation based on common research projects goals.
- Attendance is growing at science museums, lectures and discussions. Viewership of science and educational TV channels is increasing.
These trends inspired the Polytechnic Museum to create the 360˚ Contemporary Science Film Festival.
We devise the 360˚ Festival as::
- most interesting and contemporary films created in the world over the last 2 years way
- of finding new ideas and forms of expression of scientific thoughts and research processes through the language of motion pictures
- a possibility to take a look at scientific facts from any angle including from their social importance point of view a venue for dialogue between science, art and society
The 360˚ Festival audience:
- students, active young people open to learning and exploring everything new
- professional associations of scientists and documentary filmmakers
The 360˚Festival program:
- contemporary documentary films about scientific ideas and research that carry a social element and have bold auteur style
- lectures, discussions and master-classes with filmmakers and actual film characters: scientists, explorers and innovators.