Partners. Archive 2012
The Polytechnic Museum
The Polytechnic Museum (the Museum of Applied Knowledge), the first central educational polytechnic museum in Russia, was officially opened at December, 12, 1872. The main aim of the Museum was popularization of science in Russia. The Museum holds about 100 collections of national and international significance. The collectionsare predominantly of research and technological type, combining technical objects of similar purpose. Now about 160 excursions of different topics of science and technique are taken place in the Museum. Also the educational science center offers different types of lessons by chemistry, robotics, photography etc.
The Museum performed not only the function of museum, but also played a role of the cultural and public center. The Big Lecture Hall was a favorite place for meeting for artists and celebrities. Vladimir Mayakovsky, David Burluk, Ivan Bunin,Alexander Serafimovich and others delivered speeches here. The disputes on development of contemporary arts and concerts of famous artists were held in this Hall. Also the educational science center offers different types of lessons by chemistry, robotics, photography etc.
Every year the museum is visited by about 500 thousand visitors.